(WEEK) — Local health departments in the Tri-County area of Peoria, Tazewell and Woodford counties are reporting 44 new COVID-19 cases to bring the area’s total to 32,668.
Woodford County is reporting one additional COVID-19-related death, a woman in her 70s, who was a resident of Apostolic Christian Eureka, bringing the county’s total to 65.
Peoria County has previously reported a total of 284 deaths and Tazewell County has reported 237.
Peoria County and Woodford County are announcing 20 new cases, each, for totals of 17,177 and 3,785, respectively.
Tazewell County is reporting just four new cases for a total of 13,706.
Of the 34,668 total cases throughout the three counties, 97% are considered to be recovered, while .06% are hospitalized and 1% are at home in isolation.
Area hospitals are reporting five ICU beds and 16 non-ICU beds are in use by those who have tested positive for COVID-19 and those under investigation of having the virus.
Free COVID-19 testing site at East Peoria
Public health officials say the state of Illinois is hosting a one-day pop-up COVID-19 testing site from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 13 at the Par-A-Dice Hotel and Casino, 21 Blackjack Boulevard.
The site is open to all residents and results are expected in 1-2 days. Health officials are asking for those going to bring an insurance card, but it is not required to get tested.
25 News Coronavirus Vaccine Information Page
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Illinois COVID-19 numbers here.
- For mobile testing site locations, click here.
- You can catch up on the latest 25 News coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news, and weather updates.