The Super Bowl is the biggest betting event of the year and there are more ways than ever to wager in Pennsylvania.
With the addition of Barstool and BetMGM, there are now 13 online sportsbooks in the state.
In the most-bet ever Championship games, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Kansas City Chiefs punched their tickets to Super Bowl LV. For the Wild Card Buccaneers and Tom Brady, it will be a home game at Raymond James Stadium.
Super Bowl 55 details:
- Kansas City Chiefs (1) (AFC) ( 14–2 ) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5) (NFC) ( 11–5 )
- Feb. 7 at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
Opening lines for Super Bowl LV put the Chiefs as 3-point favorites with the total points at 56. Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes is the favorite to win Super Bowl MVP (-105 at FanDuel and +100 at DraftKings).
Here, we provide a guide to betting the Super Bowl in Pennsylvania that’s updated regularly with news, promos, betting splits, bet boosts and more.
Super Bowl LV betting stats
Betting stats and info for Chiefs vs. Buccaneers from DraftKings:
- Chiefs’ win probability is 60%.
- The Chiefs are 8-9-1 ATS, the Buccaneers are 10-8-1.
- Nine of the Chiefs’ 18 games have gone OVER. Eleven of the Bucs’ 19 games have gone OVER.
- The Bucs are on a seven-game win streak
- Avg. points per game for the Chiefs is 29.6, the Bucs 30.7
- Chiefs’ avg. points against: 22.4, the Bucs: 22.3.
Big Super Bowl LV bets
Notable Super Bowl LV Futures Bets at William Hill Sports Book:
- $40,000 placed on Tampa Bay at 12/1 odds to win Super Bowl. The wager was placed on January 2, 2021 at the William Hill Sports Book at Capital One Arena (Washington D.C.). If the Buccaneers win, the wager nets $480,000.
- $115,000 placed on Kansas City at +150 odds to win Super Bowl. The wager was placed on January 1, 2021 at the William Hill Sports Book at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. If the Chiefs win, the wager nets $172,500.
- $7,500 placed on Tampa Bay at 15/1 odds to win Super Bowl. The wager was placed on June 6, 2020 at a William Hill Sports Book in Southern Nevada. If the Buccaneers win, the wager nets $112,500.
Jan. 27: Super Bowl coin toss betting in Pennsylvania
Yes, you can bet on the coin toss at Super Bowl LV. However, Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board’s rules about types of wagering and prop bets do not allow betting on things like the “Gatorade color” or “length of the National Anthem.” (For more information, check out our complete guide to Super Bowl prop bets in PA).
Darren Darby, Sports Trader at BetMGM, said:
“The coin toss is a very popular Super Bowl prop bet. Customers love early action and the coin toss gives them a chance to win before the game even starts. Tails is often the most popular side of this prop, as the old saying goes, ‘tails never fails.’”
Jan: 27: Super Bowl LV betting splits from DraftKings
Super Bowl LV betting splits from DraftKings:
- 81% of the money is on the Chiefs (-3.5)
- 77% of the money is on the OVER (56.5)
- 55% of the money is on the Chiefs (-162) Moneyline
Super Bowl LV MVP betting splits by handle:
- 48%: Mahomes (+100)
- 25%: Brady (+200)
- 8%: Hill (+1200)
- 7%: Kelce (+1300)
NFL MVP betting splits by handle:
- 32%: Rodgers (-2000)
- 12%: Mahomes (+1600)
- 9%: R. Wilson (+5000)
- 8%: K. Murray (OTB)
- 6%: Brady (+25000)
Jan, 26: DraftKings Early Bird Big Game Profit Boost for Super Bowl LV
DraftKings posted an “Early Bird Big Game Profit Boost” that gives a 55% boost on any Super Bowl LV bet.
In a wide-ranging interview with PlayPennsylvania, DraftKings director of sportsbook operations Johnny Avello said the online app has added new player props for the Super Bowl and will continue to.
Their second biggest liability is the Kanas City Chiefs.
Jan 26: FanDuel Super Bowl LV early betting splits
At FanDuel Sportsbook:
- 85% of the money is on the Chiefs (-3)
- 58% of the money is on the Chiefs Moneyline (-174)
- 79% of the money is on the OVER (56.5)
Jan. 25: Buccaneers and Chiefs biggest SB liabilities at BetMGM
Prior to the start of Championship Sunday, at BetMGM the Chiefs (34%) and the Buccaneers (11%) both had the highest handle for Super Bowl winner futures.
According to a BetMGM rep, the book’s biggest Super Bowl liabilities are the Bucs and the Chiefs.
Super Bowl LV betting markets in PA
PA online sportsbooks offer bettors many ways to wager on Super Bowl LV action in addition to point spread and total points such as:
- Player props
- Team props
- Game props
- Winning margin
- First scoring play
- Full list on app
Super Bowl MVP
- Patrick Mahomes: +105
- Tom Brady: +225
- Tyreek Hill: +1200
- Travis Kelce: +1300
- Leonard Fournette: +2500
- Full list on app
Other Super Bowl MVP markets
- MVP from losing team (yes) +500
- Position of MVP
- Coin toss
- Trick play specials
- Team to win coin toss and game
- Fat man TD
- Player to correctly call coin toss
Super Bowl LV odds at PA sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Doug Murray