The NFC Wild Card round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs features a matchup between the Seattle Seahawks (12-4) (who are favorites) and the Los Angeles Rams (10-6) on January 9, 2021 at 4:40 PM ET on FOX. The over/under is set at for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 5, 2021, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Seahawks vs. Rams Odds
|Seahawks (-4.5)||Over (43.0)||Seahawks 26 Rams 21|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Seahawks Betting Insights
- Seattle is 6-2 against the spread in home games this year, and is 7-1 overall at home.
- Seattle has an 8-8 record against the spread.
- The Seahawks are just 3-5 ATS when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- Just nine of Seattle’s 16 games this year have gone over the point total (43.8% of its opportunities).
- The Seahawks have put an average of 28.7 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 10.2 more than the 18.5 the Rams have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Seattle score at least 28.7 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- Los Angeles is 7-0 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 18.5 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Rams Betting Insights
- Just 12 of Los Angeles’ 16 games this year have gone over the point total (25% of its opportunities).
- Los Angeles has put together an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Rams have an even ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- The Seahawks defense has allowed 23.2 points per game this season, the same amount as the Rams have scored.
- Los Angeles is 6-1 overall and 6-1 against the spread when they score at least 23.2 points this season.
- Seattle is 7-2 overall and 4-5 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.2 points.
- Los Angeles is an even 4-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 4-4 overall on the road.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Seahawks||28.7 (8)||23.2 (15)||51.9|
|Rams||23.2 (22)||18.5 (1)||41.8|
Seahawks Players to Watch
- Russell Wilson leads the team with 4,212 passing yards (263.3 yards per game) and has a 68.8% completion percentage this year (384-of-558) while throwing 40 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 16 games. He also has 513 rushing yards on 83 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 32.1 yards per game.
- Chris Carson has taken 141 attempts for a team-leading 681 rushing yards (56.8 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns in 12 games. He’s also caught 37 passes for 287 yards (23.9 receiving yards per game) with four touchdowns through the air.
- D.K. Metcalf has grabbed 83 passes to lead the team with 1,303 yards with 10 touchdowns. He has been targeted 129 times and averages 81.4 yards per game over 16 outings.
- Tyler Lockett has also added 1,054 yards on 100 grabs with 10 touchdowns. He has been targeted 132 times and puts up 65.9 receiving yards per game over 16 matchups this year.
- Over 16 games in 2020, David Moore has caught 35 passes on 47 targets for 417 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 26.1 receiving yards per game.
- Jamal Adams has registered a team-leading 9.5 sacks, while adding 11.0 TFL and 84 tackles over 12 games.
- In 16 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Bobby Wagner has totaled 136 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and three sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Quandre Diggs has a team-high five interceptions and has tacked on 64 tackles and 10 passes defended 16 in games this season.
Rams Players to Watch
- John Wolford has thrown for 231 yards while completing 57.9% of his passes (22-of-38), with zero touchdowns and one interception in one game this year (231.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball six times for 56 yards, averaging 56.0 yards per game.
- Cam Akers has churned out a team-high 625 rushing yards (48.1 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns in 13 games.
- Malcolm Brown has 418 yards on 101 carries (26.1 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns over the course of 16 games.
- Robert Woods has been targeted 130 times and has 90 catches to lead the team with 935 yards (58.4 ypg) and scored six touchdowns in 16 games this season.
- Josh Reynolds has chipped in with 52 catches for 618 yards and two touchdowns over the course of 16 games this year. He has been targeted 81 times and puts up 38.6 receiving yards per game.
- Tyler Higbee has collected 522 yards on 44 passes with five touchdowns in 2020, averaging 34.8 yards per game on 60 targets in 15 contests.
- Aaron Donald has notched a team-leading 13.5 sacks, while adding 14.0 TFL and 45 tackles over 16 games.
- John Johnson has collected 102 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far in 16 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- This season, Darious Williams leads the team with four interceptions and has added 43 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 14 passes defended 16 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from