The NFC Wild Card round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs features a matchup between the Chicago Bears (8-8) (who are underdogs) and the New Orleans Saints (12-4) on January 10, 2021 at 4:40 PM ET on CBS. The game has a point total of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 5, 2021, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Saints vs. Bears Odds
|Saints (-9.5)||Over (47.5)||Saints 31 Bears 18|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans’ record against the spread in home games this year is an even 4-4, and its record at home overall is 6-2.
- New Orleans is 9-7 against the spread.
- The Saints are 2-0 ATS when favored by at least 9.5 points.
- Most of New Orleans’ games this year — 10 out of 16 — have gone over the point total (62.5%).
- The Saints have put an average of 30.1 points per game on the scoreboard this season, seven more than the 23.1 the Bears have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, New Orleans is 6-0 and 6-0 against the spread.
- Chicago is 6-2 overall and 5-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.1 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Bears Betting Insights
- Chicago is 8-8 against the spread.
- The Bears are 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Half of Chicago’s games this year — eight out of 16 — have gone over the point total.
- The Bears average points scored this season (23.2) and the Saints points allowed (21.1) are within 2.1 points of each other.
- In games where Chicago scores at least 23.2 points this season, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- When New Orleans allows opposing offenses to put 21.1 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Chicago’s record against the spread in away games this year is 5-3, and its record on the road overall is 5-3.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Saints||30.1 (5)||21.1 (5)||51.2|
|Bears||23.2 (22)||23.1 (14)||46.4|
Saints Players to Watch
- Drew Brees has thrown for 2,942 yards while completing 70.5% of his passes (275-of-390), with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions in 12 games this year (245.2 yards per game).
- Taysom Hill has taken 87 carries for a team-leading 459 rushing yards (28.7 yards per game) while scoring eight touchdowns in 16 games.
- In six games in 2020, Ty Montgomery has rushed for 101 yards on 19 carries (16.8 ypg), with zero rushing touchdowns.
- This season, Emmanuel Sanders has 61 catches (on 82 targets) to lead the team with 726 yards (45.4 per game) with five touchdowns in 16 games.
- Jared Cook’s statline this year shows 37 grabs for 504 yards and seven touchdowns over the course of 15 games. He puts up 33.6 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 60 times.
- Marquez Callaway has caught 21 passes on 27 targets for 213 yards and zero touchdowns, averaging 19.4 yards per game in 11 contests in 2020.
- Trey Hendrickson has notched a team-leading 13.5 sacks, while adding 12.0 TFL and 25 tackles over 15 games.
- Demario Davis has totaled 118 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 16 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Malcolm Jenkins has picked off three passes to lead the team while adding 91 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and 10 passes defended 16 over games.
Bears Players to Watch
- Mitchell Trubisky has thrown for 2,055 yards while completing 67% of his passes (199-of-297), with 16 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 10 games this year (205.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 33 times for 196 yards and one touchdown, averaging 19.6 yards per game.
- David Montgomery has racked up a team-high 1,070 rushing yards (71.3 yards per game) and scored eight touchdowns in 15 games. He has added 54 catches for 438 yards (29.2 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Cordarrelle Patterson leads the team with 232 rushing yards on 64 carries (14.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of 16 games in 2020.
- Allen Robinson II has been targeted 151 times and has 102 catches to lead the team with 1,250 yards (78.1 ypg) with six touchdowns in 16 games this season.
- Darnell Mooney’s statline this year shows 61 catches for 631 yards and four touchdowns in 16 games. He averages 39.4 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 98 times.
- Anthony Miller has collected 485 yards on 49 passes with two touchdowns in 2020, averaging 30.3 yards per game on 76 targets in 16 contests.
- Khalil Mack has 9.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also racked up 11.0 TFL, 50 tackles, and one interception over 16 games.
- Roquan Smith has totaled 140 tackles, 18.0 TFL, four sacks, and two interceptions to lead the team in tackles so far in 16 games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- This season, Tashaun Gipson leads the team with two interceptions and has added 66 tackles and five passes defended 16 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from