A game after he put up 44 points in a 102-94 win over the Hawks, Gordon Hayward leads the Charlotte Hornets (3-5) on the road against the New Orleans Pelicans (4-4) as underdogs. The matchup, which airs on ESPN, tips at 7:30 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021. The point total is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 8, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 8
Nicolo Melli: Day To Day (Personal),
JJ Redick: Day To Day (Knee)
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
Hornets 105 Pelicans 109
The model favors the Pelicans by 4.2 points, just 2.3 less than the 6.5-point spread set by DraftKings.The model predicts a total 2.7 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Brandon Ingram’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 22.5, 2.4 points less than his season average of 24.9.
- Steven Adams’ rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 9.5 boards, 0.4 rebounds higher than his season average of 9.1.
- Lonzo Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Adams’ steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Hayward’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 17.5, 4.4 points less than his season average of 21.9.
- Bismack Biyombo’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 10.5, 7.9 lower than his season average of 18.4.
- Terry Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.9 shots lower than his season average of 3.4.
- LaMelo Ball’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- The Pelicans are shooting 45.2% from the field this season, 1.2 percentage points lower than the 46.4% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- In games New Orleans shoots better than 46.4% from the field, it is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- Charlotte has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 45.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets are shooting 43.4% from the field, 0.8% lower than the 44.2% the Pelicans’ opponents have shot this season.
- Charlotte is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when it shoots higher than 44.2% from the field.
- This season, New Orleans has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-0 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 43.4% from the field.
- The Pelicans shoot 31% from three-point range, 2.6% lower than the 33.6% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- New Orleans has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when the team hits more than 33.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 31% from deep.
- The Hornets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.1%) is just 0.9 percentage points lower than opponents of the Pelicans are averaging (36%).
- Charlotte has a 1-3 ATS record and is 1-3 straight-up when the team makes more than 36% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans has a 3-1 ATS record and a 4-0 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 35.1% of its three-point shots.
- The Pelicans’ 9.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.9 fewer made shots on average than the 12.5 per game the Hornets give up.
- Charlotte is 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while New Orleans is 1-5 ATS and 2-4 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Hornets are the 15th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Pelicans allow the most makes from deep.
Pelicans vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Pelicans Rank||Pelicans AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from