Luka Doncic leads the Dallas Mavericks (8-7) into a matchup with the Houston Rockets (5-9) after scoring 36 points in a 122-117 win over the Spurs. The Rockets are underdogs in the matchup on Saturday, January 23, 2021, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on FS-SW. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 23, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Rockets Betting Odds
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Injury Report as of January 23
Dorian Finney-Smith: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Josh Richardson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Dwight Powell: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle),
John Wall: Out (Knee),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Personal)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+10)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 113, Rockets 106|
The model and DraftKings both have the Mavericks taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (7.5 points). Lean towards taking the Rockets.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||14||17.6||3.9||1.9||0.6||0.2||3.4|
Mavericks Player Props
- Doncic’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is posted at 10.5 boards, 0.5 rebounds greater than his season average of 10.0.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.7 blocks higher than his season average of 1.8.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is set at 10.5 boards, 0.3 rebounds less than his season average of 10.8.
- John Wall’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 29.5, 1.1 greater than his season average of 28.4.
- Victor Oladipo’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Wood’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
- The Mavericks are shooting 45.5% from the field this season, 0.1 percentage points higher than the 45.4% the Rockets allow to opponents.
- Dallas is 7-1 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it shoots higher than 45.4% from the field.
- Houston is 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.5% from the field.
- The Rockets are shooting 45.4% from the field, 0.5% higher than the 44.9% the Mavericks’ opponents have shot this season.
- Houston is 4-4 against the spread and 4-4 overall when it shoots better than 44.9% from the field.
- When Dallas’ opponents shoot higher than 45.4% from the field, it is 8-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- The Mavericks are making 33.6% of their three-point shots this season, 3.1% lower than the 36.7% the Rockets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Dallas has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall when the team connects on more than 36.7% of its three-point shots.
- Houston is 3-2-1 against the spread while putting up a 4-2 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 33.6% from beyond the arc.
- The Rockets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35%) is just two percentage points higher than opponents of the Mavericks are averaging (33%).
- Houston is 3-4 against the spread and 4-3 overall when shooting above 33% as a team from three-point range.
- Dallas is 6-1 ATS and 6-1 overall in games it shoots above 35% from deep.
- The Mavericks knock down 12.7 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.4 fewer makes per game than the Rockets allow 13.1.
- When Houston makes more threes than its opponents, it is 3-4-1 against the spread and 4-4 overall. When Dallas is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-5 ATS and 1-6 straight up.
- The Rockets make the 10th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Mavericks give up the fourth-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Mavericks vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from