Find games that are less random
Every online casino uses a random number generator (RNG) or other program that determines the results of a game. But sometimes the results are a little too random. The RNG can find certain combinations in a slot or cards in a table game.
- Blackjack uses fewer cards on average, making it easier to predict.
- Roulette has a limited number of outcomes, so your chances of winning may be better.
- Craps offers simple bets that are easy to plan without deviating too much. You can bet on what number a shooter will hit before rolling a seven, or whether the shooter wins or loses on a roll.
Play games with strategy
- In video poker games, you can choose which cards to hold. You can use a strategy to figure out which cards to hold based on the potential winnings you might get.
- In blackjack games, you can make different decisions depending on how they appear. You can choose to stand, split, or punch during a game.
- Pai Gow Poker allows you to choose the cards that you want to use in a five-card hand and a separate two-card hand.
Not all online casino games allow you to customize the results. Sometimes you only have a choice of raising or folding, like in three-card poker or Caribbean stud poker. It’s always worth sticking to games that let you control the action.
Using a blackjack strategy table
- If you have a 14 and the dealer’s card is a nine, you should hit.
- Stand at 17 unless the dealer has an ace. They can surrender or split as needed.
- It is best to split when you have two sevens and the dealer’s card is seven or less. You should hit when the dealer’s card is higher in value.
- You should double down if you have a 10 or 11 and the dealer has a card less than ten.
Play the correct form of roulette
European roulette is better than American roulette because it has 37 numbers instead of 38. European roulette has a green slot, the single zero. American roulette includes two green slots, the single and the double zero.
Place roulette chips correctly
- Look at how many numbers you are betting on before a spin. You could bet half the numbers when you place an odd / even, 1-18 / 19-36 or red / black bet.
- Check the payouts for each bet. You could get 8: 1 odds if you bet on four numbers at the same time or 17: 1 if you bet on two numbers.
- Avoid placing a bet on the green zero unless you are placing a four number bet covering 0, 1, 2 and 3 at the same time.
- See where the numbers appear on a roulette wheel and how they cover different parts of the wheel. If you want, you can try to cover a specific wheel segment.