Santa came early for one Las Vegas gambler on Christmas Eve. The part-time Las Vegas resident was playing a Megabucks Progressive Jackpot slot at Suncoast Hotel and Casino. Known only as Kevin, it was definitely his lucky night with the $15,491,103 jackpot hit. That is right, one lucky gambler hits a $15 million megabucks jackpot at the Suncoast Hotel and Casino on Christmas Eve.
The overall investment for this life-changing win was $40. The jackpot was hit on a $3 spin. International Game Technology (IGT) runs the Megabucks jackpot pool in Nevada. As the biggest progressive jackpot network in the state, the minimum pool is set at $10 million.
What Game Was This Lucky Gambler Playing That Scored A $15 Million Jackpot At Suncoast Hotel and Casino On Christmas Eve?
The $15 million-plus hit on Dec. 24 was the largest in the state over the past eight years. Back in 2003, a 25-year old player from Los Angeles set the record. That big winner walked away with $39 million playing a Megabucks progressive slot.
Boyd Gaming owns and operates the Suncoast Hotel and Casino in the Las Vegas area. According to sources close to PlaySlots4RealMoney.com, the company released a statement following the most recent jackpot win.
The spokesperson went on to add that the prize money won created a Christmas Eve to remember. Kevin’s big win also lit up social media. The casino itself released the following tweet:
? MEGABUCKS JACKPOT ALERT! ?
Congratulations to Kevin for hitting the $15,491,103 Megabucks Progressive Jackpot at @suncoastcasino!#SuncoastCasino #BConnectedWinners #Megabucks #Jackpot #MegabucksJackpot #LasVegasJackpots pic.twitter.com/88t1Ty3S3A
— Suncoast Casino (@suncoastcasino) December 25, 2020
As mentioned, Kevin is a part-time Las Vegas resident in mainly the winter months. He also has a residence in the state of Alaska. He mentioned that he is looking to start his own business. He also plans to use some of the money to “pay it forward” through charitable gifts.
Kevin now joins a long list of big Las Vegas winners. A local Nevada news source went back in time to post information on a few of the biggest jackpots won over the past few years:
- Sunset Station $13,154,723: This jackpot was won on April 16, 2019. The lucky winner placed a $3 wager on IGT’s Megabucks Triple Red Hot Sevens slot.
- Fremont Hotel & Casino $11,000,000: Rodolfo T hit the top prize on IGT’s Megabucks Double 3x4x5x Pay progressive slot. This was the biggest Megabucks jackpot in 2017.
- Fiesta Henderson $10,192,523: On Sept. 17, 2017, a guest at this Station Casinos location turned a $3 wager into a life-changing win.
- Wynn Las Vegas $10,777,270: A woman from Hawaii on vacation in Las Vegas claimed this eight-figure jackpot on Aug. 23, 2016. The win came on IGT’s Megabucks Wynn Wheel. The total winning wager on this penny progressive was just $3.
While huge eight-figure jackpots do not come around every day, Las Vegas has witnessed its fair share of them. IGT Megabucks progressive slots continue to lead the way. It is little wonder that these progressive network slots are among the most popular machines in town.
• Source: Very lucky gambler wins $15M on Megabucks machine at Suncoast hotel-casino from KTVN.com On December 28, 2020.
Tagged with: News • progressive jackpots • USA Casinos