A game after he exploded for 60 points in a 141-136 loss to the 76ers, Bradley Beal leads the Washington Wizards (2-6) on the road against the Boston Celtics (6-3) on Friday, January 8, 2021. The Wizards are underdogs by in the matchup, which tips off at 7:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 8, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Wizards Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 8
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Carsen Edwards: Day To Day (Health protocols),
Jeff Teague: Day To Day (Ankle),
Tristan Thompson: Day To Day (Health protocols),
Grant Williams: Day To Day (Health protocols),
Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee),
Robert Williams III: Day To Day (Health protocols)
Russell Westbrook: Day To Day (Finger)
Wizards 113 Celtics 121
The Celtics are the bet in this game. They’re favored by 3.3 more points in the model than DraftKings (8.8 to 5.5).
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s points prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 2.8 points less than his season average of 26.3.
- Tristan Thompson’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is listed at 9.5 boards, 1.0 rebound greater than his season average of 8.5.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 3.6.
- Robert Williams III’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Wizards Key Players
Wizards Player Props
- Russell Westbrook’s rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 7.5 boards, 3.2 rebounds less than his season average of 10.7.
- Beal’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 37.5, 6.8 less than his season average of 44.3.
- Davis Bertans’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.9 shots greater than his season average of 2.6.
- Thomas Bryant’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 0.9.
- This season, the Celtics have a 48% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.7% lower than the 49.7% of shots the Wizards’ opponents have made.
- Boston has a 2-2 record against the spread and a 3-1 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 49.7% from the field.
- Washington is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 48% from the field.
- The Wizards are shooting 47.8% from the field, one% higher than the 46.8% the Celtics’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Washington has a 2-3 record against the spread and a 1-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 46.8% from the field.
- This season, Boston has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 4-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 47.8% from the field.
- The Celtics’ 39.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.9 percentage points lower than opponents of the Wizards have shot from beyond the arc (40.3%).
- Boston is 4-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall when it shoots better than 40.3% from distance.
- Washington has put up a 2-3 against the spread while going 1-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 39.4% from deep.
- The Wizards shoot 38.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 1.7 percentage points higher than the Celtics have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.8%).
- Washington is 3-1 against the spread and 1-3 overall when shooting above 36.8% as a team from three-point range.
- Boston has a 4-2 ATS record and a 4-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 38.5% from three-point range.
- The Celtics hit 12.2 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.6 fewer made shots on average than the 12.8 per game the Wizards allow.
- Washington is 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Boston is 2-3 ATS and 3-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Celtics make the 19th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Wizards allow the 16th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Celtics vs Wizards Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Wizards AVG||Wizards Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from