Blake Griffin was bought of his contract today by the Detroit Pistons, and he’s looking to land on a contender in hopes of playoff for a championship in the twilight of his career. BetOnline has odds on his next team:
How it All Went Down
- The Pistons announced last month that they would keep Griffin out of the lineup while resolving his future.
- “I thank the Pistons organization for working together on an outcome that benefits all involved and I wish the franchise success in the future,” Griffin said Friday in a statement released by the team.
- Griffin, who turns 32 later this month, came to Detroit in a trade during the 2017-18 season.
- He had a terrific 2018-19 season for the Pistons, helping them to the playoffs, but his health has been a concern in Detroit, just as it had been when he was with the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Griffin has averaged 12.3 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.9 assists in the 20 games he’s played this season.
- Griffin is a -500 favorite to land with the Brooklyn Nets.
- The Los Angeles Lakers have the second-best betting odds, coming in at +200.
- Other odds include: Golden State Warriors (+400) and Portland Trail Blazers (+600). Following them are the Miami Heat (+800), Milwaukee Bucks (+1000) and Los Angeles Clippers (+1200).
– Ean Lamb, Gambling911.com